Lemongrass Skewers & Veggies is a perfect meal for the Spring. We love this dish because we get to BBQ and hang outside and enjoy the evening.
2 rib eyes ( get the thin cut pieces, if possible )
5 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemongras s
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup oyster sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons chili peppers
1 Yellow bell pepper
1 Red bell pepper
1 whole yellow onion
black crushed pepper
1. Prep all your veggies first by cutting them in squares and placing them into a bowl.
2. Mince the garlic, and lemongrass as much as possible, once you’ve minced them put the garlic, lemongrass and chili pepper into the mortar and mix very well.
3. Slice the rib eye into long strips and place them in a large flat container.
4. In a mixing bowl place the ingredients from the mortar, oyster sauce, sugar and olive oil. Mix it in very well, once your done mixing place the rib eye strips into the mix and rub the sauce generously.
You’ll want to marinate that for about 1 hour.
5. While that is marinating brush the veggies with olive oil and a dash of fresh crushed pepper, and put them on the skewers and place them in the refrigerator.
6. Once the hour is up you can put the meat on the skewers and they are ready for BBQing !
Remember to get your grill very hot before you start any of your cooking, you want it to seal in the juice.
Have a great time BBQing and this dish pairs very well with an ice cold IPA or Vodka and blood orange.
Enjoy and thank you for reading.